I love that this is fresh, healthy, easy and delicious. A great mix of flavors in your mouth.
This is definitely one of those salads you can make in 15 minutes from start to finish while sipping a glass of wine and dreaming about an exotic vacation to a tropical island.
- 2 heads romaine (or your favorite leafy) lettuce, chopped
- 2 fresh oranges – peeled, pith removed, and cut into segments or slices
- 1 avocado, peeled seeded and sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 2-3 fresh figs, washed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup of your favorite raspberry vinaigrette dressing, or to taste
- Combine lettuce, oranges, avocado, Gorgonzola cheese, and figs in a large bowl. Drizzle dressing over salad and toss to coat.
CREATIVE OPTIONS & ALTERNATIVES:
If you are an onion lover, add a half of a thinly sliced red onion. If you don’t have fresh figs, try dried figs. If you don’t have fresh oranges, try canned or frozen (and defrosted) mandarin oranges. Top with your favorite nuts (walnuts, roasted pine nuts or cashews work best).